- 1 cup Espresso Coffee – chilled
- 1/2 cup Tia Maria Liqueur or Marsala
- 200g Scotch Finger
- 200g Sponge Finger Biscuits
- 5 Eggs – separated
- 1 cup Caster Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 500g Ricotta – drained
- 1 teaspoon Rum Essence or Brandy – optional
- Mix coffee and alcohol, dip the scotch finger biscuits so they are soaked but not soggy, place in serving glasses or a 24cm dish.
- Process egg yolks, sugar, honey, Ricotta and rum for 2 minutes, or until light and creamy.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form then fold into the Ricotta mixture.
- Spread half of mixture onto biscuits, then put a layer of soaked sponge finger biscuits on top. Then cover with other half of mixture.
- Leave overnight in fridge.
- Serve sprinkled with roasted Slivered Almonds, shaved Dark Chocolate or choc coated Coffee Beans.